Screen mirroring allows you to wirelessly display your phone’s screen on your TV with the use of a Chromecast or Miracast enabled device.
Screen mirroring on Android devices can be beneficial at times, but it can also cause complications and technical issues in other situations.
In this article, I will show you how to disable screen mirroring on your Android and iPhone devices and prevent others from starting screen mirroring on your device, even if they have physical access to it.
Here’s how to disable screen mirroring on your Android/iPhone device.
How To Disable Screen Mirroring on iPhone
1 Go to “settings” on the iPhone.
2 Select “General.”
3 Click on the “AirPlay and Handoff” tab.
4 Click on “Automatic Airplay to TV.”
5 Click on “Never” to fully turn it off.
How To Disable Screen Mirroring on Android
Android phones do not have a direct way to disable screen mirroring, but it is possible to disable casting from the apps. Here is how to do it.
1. Go to “casting app” on your phone (chrome cast).
2. Click the cast icon, then tap stop casting (if a casting session is already in progress).
3. To stop screen Mirroring
- Open the app
- Go to “settings”
- Click “Stop Mirroring“
How to disable screen mirroring on Mac Book
How to turn off screen mirror on mac from android Tv.
1. Go Setting on your Android Tv
2. Click “General”
3. Tap on “Airplay settings”
4. Tap to “turn it off”
5. On Mac Pc, Choose Tv Icon
6. Go to “Airplay to”, select Off
How to Disable Screen Mirroring on Windows 10
1. Go to Window’s “Control Panel”
2 Select “Appearance and personalization “
3. Select the device option available
4. Make the change, Turn off
5. Click “Ok.”
How disable screen mirroring on Chromecast
1. Go to setting on the Chromecast app
2. On the left side of your screen, select “Device.”
3. Go to the “Power” tab.
4. Tap to toggle on “sleep when cover is close”
How to know if screen mirroring is on?
Open the Screencasting option in the control center. You can see all of the devices that are connected to your device here.
What is the main benefit of screen mirroring?
Screen mirroring allows you to project your images onto a larger screen.
Does screen mirroring protect my privacy?
Google saves all of your device’s and casting device’s data, mostly to target users for its advertisements.
What is the best screen mirroring apps for Android?