Samsung Cloud is a cloud storage service that allows you to store and access your data, including photos, videos, contacts, and so much more.
With Samsung Cloud, you can store photos and videos for up to 15 GB. Back up your contacts, call logs, and SMS messages. Access to photos and videos on your mobile device or computer.
It is a free service, which means if you have a Samsung device, you can sign up for the service and start using it right away.
It’s an easy way to store your photos, videos, and documents in one place so they are accessible from any device. Restore backed-up data if your Samsung device is damaged or lost.
You can also restore data from one device to another, such as transferring a photo from an old Samsung phone to a new one.
To log in with Samsung Cloud, follow these steps:
How To Log In To Your Samsung Cloud Account
1. On your Samsung phone, Go to Settings.
2. Then go to the “Cloud and Accounts” option.
3. Then move to Samsung Cloud
4. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen.
5. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
6. Under the Settings, select Auto Backup & Synchronize option.
7. Select the “Sync and Backup” option.
8. Just go to the Sync Now section.
9. Here, Toggle On to synchronize data like calendar, gallery, contacts etc.
10. Now move down and click “Back up this phone.”
- If you do not have a Samsung cloud account, you can always create one; it’s free; and follow the above steps after you have a login.
- You can only access your Samsung Cloud storage from a Galaxy smartphone that supports it, like the model Galaxy 6 series or the newer version.
How to login to Samsung Cloud Account on PC
- Go to https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/login
- Key in your login details, email and cloud password.
- Tap to log in to your account.
- You can back up or access your backed-up data in the cloud.
Types of Cloud Storage Samsung Doesn’t Support
Samsung Cloud Storage is a popular cloud storage service for Samsung devices, but it does not support all of your files and folders.
Here’s what types of files Samsung Cloud Storage doesn’t support:
- You can only store up to 15 GB of data on the free tier of Samsung Cloud Storage. If you want more storage space, you will need to pay for it through a monthly or yearly subscription.
- Samsung Cloud Storage doesn’t support moving files from your device to your cloud account. You can only move files from your cloud account back to your device.
- You can only access Samsung Cloud Storage from a device running Android 7 or later versions of Android. If you’re using an older version of Android, you’ll need to upgrade it before you can use Samsung Cloud Storage with your Galaxy phone or tablet.
- Unsupported file extensions, such as.exe,.dll,.com,.bat, and others, will be ignored.
- Music, You cannot upload music files to Samsung Cloud Storage. However, you can still stream music from the app on your phone.
- Samsung Cloud Storage does not support DRM-protected video files or digital rights management (DRM) video files.
- Android and iOS apps and games, You can’t put apps and games for Android and iOS devices on Samsung Cloud Storage.
How To Check if someone logged into your Samsung Cloud Account
Samsung cloud accounts have all kinds of information, from contacts to photos to your backed-up home screens, apps you use and more, so it’s definitely stuff that you want to keep private.
- Open the Samsung Cloud app on your device.
- Tap More in the top-right corner of the screen (the three dots).
- Tap Account Settings in the menu that appears on the drop-down menu.
- Under the settings menu, click on the Connected devices option. Here, you will see a list of all devices associated with your account along with their corresponding IP addresses, usernames, and dates/times when they were last used by someone else on their own devices (if applicable).
- Click Log out on the devices you want to remove from your Samsung cloud account.
How to Restore Data on your Galaxy phone using Samsung Cloud
You can easily back up and restore your data from the Samsung cloud with your new phone. Follow the below steps:
1. Log in to your Samsung account.
2. Go to the settings icon and tap on it.
3. Scroll down and select the Accounts and Backup option.
4. Under the accounts and backup menu, select Restore data.
5. Here, you can select the data you want to restore, for example, photos, contacts, etc., or just tap restore to select all.
How to Back up Data on your Galaxy phone using Samsung Cloud
1. log in to your Samsung Account
2. Go to the settings on your phone and tap on it.
3. Scroll down and select the Accounts and Backup option.
4. Under the accounts and backup menu, select Back up data.
5. Here, you can select the data you want to back up, for example, photos, contacts, etc., or just tap Back up to select all.
How to use Smart Switch to transfer content from iCloud account to a Samsung phone
Follow the below steps to easily transfer photos, videos, contacts, messages, audio and more from your iPhone to your new Galaxy phone with the Samsung Smart Switch.
1. Search for the Smart Switch app on your phone.
2. If it is your first time using Samsung Smart Switch, you will need to accept the terms of service and tap continue.
3. You will see another window where the smart switch needs permission to transfer data. Click Allow.
4. Then select the Receive data option.
5. Then select the iPhone/iPad option.
6. Click Get data from iCloud instead at the bottom
7. Enter your Apple ID and password.
8. Select the data you want to transfer, for example, photos, contacts, messages, etc.
9. And select the Transfer button at the bottom.
10. Data transfer is successful if you have followed all the steps correctly.
If you no longer have access to your old iPhone or your iPhone is lost, select didn’t get a verification code and follow the prompts to have the code texted to your trusted phone number, enter the verification code and then tap connect.
How to download photos From Samsung Cloud to your computer
Samsung Cloud is a free cloud storage service provided by Samsung to its Samsung device users.
Samsung Cloud allows you to backup your data and photos with ease for up to 15GB of cloud storage, but there are times when you need to get those photos back on your computer.
It is very easy to download Samsung Cloud photos from your cloud account and transfer them over to your personal computer. Follow the below steps:
1. Sign in to your Samsung Cloud account (https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/login)
If you don’t have a Samsung account cloud yet, you can easily sign up here: https://support.samsungcloud.com/
2. Once you sign in to your account, you will see all your synced data, including your photos.
3. Just click to select the photos you want to download and select the download option. Your photos will be downloaded into your download folder on your computer.
Benefits of Samsung Cloud storage
Samsung Cloud Storage provides users with 15 GB of free storage space.
Users can also purchase additional storage space.
The Benefits of Samsung Cloud Storage:
1. It’s free, so there’s no reason not to use it!
2. You can store all your photos, videos, and documents in one place, making it easier than ever to find them when you need them.
3. It’s secure. Your private information is encrypted when you upload it to the cloud, so only you can view it.
4. If you want to share a photo with someone, you can send it directly from the Gallery app without uploading it first to social media like Facebook or Twitter.
5. You don’t have to worry about losing all of your photos because they’re automatically backed up every time you take a picture or shoot a video with your phone’s camera.
I hope this post was of help to your queries and also impacted you with more knowledge about Samsung cloud and other related queries.
Please use the contact page if you have any questions or need clarification.