It’s easy to sign up and get going, but once you try out Lyft and are ready to move onto another ride-sharing platform, you’ll want to remove your payment information from Lyft first so that you don’t accidentally use it again in the future.
Lyft does not allow you to remove the primary payment method from the app. However, we will be able to use a simple trick on how to overcome that. Follow the below few simple steps.
How to remove payment method from Lyft
1. Sign in to your Lyft app
2. Click on your Lyft profile account
3. Select “Payment” method
4. Click on the card you want to delete.
5. Tap on “delete” and then again tap “Delete card.”
6. Successful deletion.
- The above method will only work if you have added a second payment method, as Lyft doesn’t allow deletion of the default/primary payment method.
- Add a second payment method and select it as the default payment method in order to delete the previous default card in red.
How to add a payment method to Lyft
Lyft offers payment methods that allow you to pay with cash, credit cards, or debit cards to receive your ride. The Lyft app only allows you to add or update your credit card as payment.
Here are simple steps on how to add a payment method.
1. Log in to your Lyft app
2. Tap on the drop-down menu
3. Select payment
4. Add the payment method of your choice.
How to Link Venmo to the Lyft App
1. Sign in to Your Venmo app
2. Authorize Lyft in your Venmo app
3. Use Venmo to pay for your Lyft rides.
Payment methods accepted on Lyft
- Google pay
- Credit cards (Master, Visa, American Express, debit cards, etc )
- Apple pay
Are Uber and Lyft similar?
They are two ride-sharing apps that connect passengers with drivers in their community. However, each service has its own payment system for drivers and passengers.
What is the difference between Lyft and Uber?
The most distinguishing factor between Uber and Lyft is that one is a taxi substitute and the other is a private vehicle substitute.