Have you ever wondered if it’s possible to set up multiple Venmo accounts? The answer is yes, but there are some important considerations to keep in mind before you do so.
In this article, we’ll cover how to set up multiple Venmo accounts, what the account limits are, and how to keep your financial information safe when using multiple accounts.
How to set up Second Venmo account
Can you have more than one account on Venmo?
The quick answer is yes but there’s so much more you need to know so let’s dive right into it,
You can absolutely have more than one Venmo account using different bank accounts or even the same bank account.
However, it’s important to note that you can only have two Venmo accounts linked to the same bank account.
So, if you and your spouse share a bank account, you can each have a separate Venmo account while still using the shared bank account.
The first person to add their account will get a notification when another user adds that bank information to their own Venmo account. It’s just a security feature.
If you’re wondering how to add a bank account to your Venmo let’s walk through it.
1. Just tap the “hamburger menu” (3 horizontal lines) in the top right.
2. From there Go to the “Setting.”
3. Select the “Payment methods” option
4. Then tap “add bank” or “card” at the bottom
5. Then just tap bank or card and follow the prompts to complete the set-up.
What You Need to Know about the Venmo App
Venmo is an app that allows you to instantly send and receive money from friends, family members, and business associates using your phone’s contact list or email address.
The app was introduced in 2009 and has now been downloaded by tens of millions of people around the world.
Venmo also works on many other financial platforms, such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay.
Learn more about the features of this application below!
How does Venmo work?
The process of sending and receiving money with Venmo is quite simple.
In most cases, you’ll need a mobile device in order to use it; however, if you want to transfer money from your bank account, you can send funds using your computer.
Before making a transaction, both parties must have downloaded the app and linked their account(s) (your financial institution will handle all of that).
Next, select a friend or customer with whom you wish to interact.
Why do people use the Venmo app?
People use it to send money back and forth without having to pay extra fees or wait for a check.
As long as you’re using your own bank account, there are no extra charges.
And even though they always say cash is king, what do you really need cash for if you’ve got a mobile phone?
Besides, who carries actual cash anymore?
Not many people—and that makes sending your friends money easy with Venmo.
Do people trust Venmo?
Although it has only been around since 2009, nearly three-quarters of US adults have heard of Venmo. And, trust isn’t exactly an issue: 56% of consumers who have heard of Venmo say they trust it.
They also seem willing to accept that the transactions are secure and private—52% believe that transactions made via Venmo are just as secure as those made with a credit card, and 47% say they think private info is protected from others when using a digital wallet.
How to use the Venmo app
1. First, download a free app onto your smartphone or tablet. The Android version is available on Google Play and for iOS devices, you can go here.
2. Connect it to your bank account or a credit card. This means that money will be pulled directly from your account and sent electronically if you use a credit card or if there’s an outstanding balance in your checking account, it will pull cash directly from there too
3. Pay someone: This is where things get really fun. Once you have everything set up, it couldn’t be easier to pay friends (even if they don’t have a Venmo account).
When you select Pay Friends at the bottom of your screen…it allows you to either scan their QR code with your phone camera OR manually enter their username by typing it into an address box.
How is Venmo different from Paypal?
The two apps are similar in that they allow you to send money quickly and easily from one person to another.
However, a big difference between Venmo and Paypal is how it is used:
Paypal can be used for e-commerce payments, but its primary use is for sending funds between two bank accounts.
Unlike Paypal, Venmo can be used for both P2P payments and e-commerce transactions.
In addition, using either app can result in some serious fees. That said, there are several features of Venmo that make it unique.
Here are three things you need to know about each of these features —and how they compare to Paypal.
1. Send Money Directly From Your Bank Account With Venmo, there is no need to link your credit card or checking account to receive money—like with PayPal or Square Cash.
This feature sets Venmo apart from other services like Apple Pay or Zelle which require you to link your credit card account for most transactions.
2. No Fees for Debit Cards With PayPal, users have reported numerous problems when attempting to send money through their debit cards.
As a Venmo user, you do not have to worry about hidden fees: every transaction made with a debit card on Venmo is free. Of course, that does not mean there aren’t any fees associated with Venmo—there are.
3. Anonymity One feature many people find appealing about Venmo is anonymity; whereas PayPal requires users to create an account before sending funds directly from their bank accounts, with Venmo anyone has access to send and receive funds without creating an account first.
How to Create Venmo Account
There’s a couple of different ways to sign up, either over at venmo.com, or you can do this through your Android phone through the google play store, or Apple store on iPhone click on where it says Venmo and then click install and then it’s going to go through the process of downloading and installing the Venmo app on your phone.
- On the home pages of your phone open the Venmo app go down to the bottom and it says sign up with email click on that you can also sign up with a Facebook account.
- simply type in your first name your last name your email address and then the password that you want to associate with your Venmo account.
- Then once you read that and everything checks out to you click agree up here in the upper right-hand corner and then they’re going to text you a unique code to verify your phone, so you enter your phone number right here and then click submit.
How to Sign up for Venmo through Facebook
If you want to do that, you can sign up with a Facebook account.
- From the App home page click to sign up with Facebook
- And then after you’ve clicked next, you’ll enter in a username for your Venmo account.
- Which can be your first and last name, And then after you’ve clicked next, you can also connect through Facebook, which is another way that you can connect with friends and family through Venmo.
This article covers a lot of queries about the Venmo app in the easiest way possible. How to set up a second Venmo account is clearly explained with the pictorial guideline. In case you have any questions concerning this post, feel free to post in the comment section below this post.