What does Emphasize mean on iPhone: The word Emphasize is a verb. The verb emphasize is derived from the noun emphasis.
On an iPhone, the Emphasize button, which is represented by an upward arrow above the Shift button on a physical keyboard or by a Comma key on an iOS keyboard, is used to enter emphasized text.
What does Emphasize mean on iPhone?
In iPhone, the word emphasis is a noun that signifies a “stress or importance.” For example, when you highlight a word in the Notes app on your iPhone, the word will appear in bold and italicized text. That’s an example of emphasis.
In some instances, you can use emphasis to contrast two phrases in a sentence or two separate words in a paragraph.
The act of emphasizing a word or phrase is known as emphasis. Unlike other kinds of highlighting, Emphasis doesn’t change the meaning of a word or phrase. Instead, it just draws attention to it.
Emphasis can be created by using italics, boldface, capitalization, and underlining, as well as through punctuation and sentence structure.
You can use one of the following methods to highlight anything on your iPhone:
Use Bold Type: To make text bold, tap and hold the text until you see the text selection handles appear, then drag one handle up or down to increase or decrease the size of the font.
You can also tap and hold the handle at the bottom corner of the selection box to resize all selected text.
How to Use iPhone’s Emphasize
The iPhone has a few different ways of emphasizing text. There are three different options: bold, italic, and underline. You can also combine all three of these at the same time!
To emphasize text in your message,
- Tap the icon with three dots on it in the top-right corner of the keyboard. This will open up your formatting options.
- Tap on “Bold” if you want to make a word or phrase bold.
- If you want to make multiple words or phrases bold, highlight them first by dragging your finger across the words you want to emphasize.
- Then tap “Bold” again and select “Done.”
- If you’d rather underline text instead of making it bold, tap “Underline” instead of “Bold.”
- You can also mix and match: highlight some words and then underline others; select both “Bold” and “Underline”; highlight some words and then italicize others; etc.
Importance Emphasize on iPhone
1. The Emphasize option can be used to highlight keywords and phrases in your writing. It can also be used for typographic effects like bulleted lists and headings.
2. The emphasize function on your iPhone is a feature that helps you read text on your phone.
When you turn on the function, any highlighted words or phrases in your text will be spoken aloud when you tap them with your finger.
Emphasize Feature on iMessage
The iMessage app supports the Emphasize function as well as all other apps that support text input like Mail, Notes, and Contacts.
How to use the Emphasize feature on iMessage
1. Open the iMessage app on your iPhone, then pick or select the conversation text you want to emphasize.
2. Tap the screen on which you want to highlight text or an image, then tap the Emphasis icon in the bottom left corner of your keyboard.
The emphasize feature on the iPhone is a handy little feature that allows you to highlight something in a conversation and make it stand out.
It is similar to highlighting or underlining a part in a book, magazine, or article, with the exception that you can now do it on your iPhone or other Apple devices. I hope this post helps answer your question.
In case of any questions, feel free to contact us on the contact page.