The Chrome Web Store is a great way to find and install useful extensions for your chrome browser. But if you get an error message which says “This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy”, you are probably wondering what that means.
The message may appear after installing an extension from a third-party website or from another browser.
When you get this kind of error, it means that the extension is not available in the Chrome Web Store or it violated one of google chrome’s policies and was removed from the chrome web store.
For example, if you try to install an extension that doesn’t provide any source code or documentation, then Google chrome won’t accept it.
How to Fix “This Extension Violates the Chrome Web Store Policy”?
First, we will look at the reasons which cause this error to happen, which can be caused by the following reasons:
1. The extension is not signed. The developer has disabled the auto-update feature in the extension settings.
This means that when you try to update, an error will appear with a message saying that it violates the policy.
In this case, you need to contact your developer and ask him/her to enable auto-update again.
2. The extension is not compatible with the Google Chrome browser, Google may reject its installation simply because it does not work together with its browser.
3. The extension was installed from an unsafe site, you may also get an error if the extension may contain bad codes or scripts.
4. The may also cause if the extension you trying to download has violated one of google chrome’s policies and was removed/banned from the chrome web store.
5. If you have also encountered this error message, it means that your extension has been blocked from being installed on your browser. The reason for this is that Google Chrome considers the extension to be malicious or potentially harmful.
How to Fix the Error Extension violate Chrome Policy?
It is not uncommon to see this error message when installing extensions from third-party websites.
While it may seem like a minor problem, it can cause problems in your daily use of Chrome if you need those extensions to work properly.
1. The first thing you should do when encountering such an error message is to make sure that you follow all the guidelines provided by Google.
If you are using an unofficial website as your source of extensions, there might be some configuration issues that could lead to incompatibility issues with other extensions on your browser.
2. You should also try reinstalling the extension from its original source (the official Chrome Web Store).
If that doesn’t work, then you should uninstall and then re-install it again from the official website instead of going through third-party websites such as Addons4Chrome or Extensions-for-Chrome.
How to fix Google Chrome Extension download interrupted
If you are in the middle of downloading a chrome extension then suddenly the download is interrupted error message which says “An error has occurred”. Continue reading to learn how to fix this.
1. Try to install the extension you want manually.
2. Copy the download URL of the extension you trying to install.
3. Go to Chrome extension downloader(https://chrome-extension-downloader.com/) copy and paste to search.
4. Once you have downloaded it, go to this link(CRXextract.com)
5. On the CRx extract home page, Click “Get started”
6. Then Click “Choose file” and upload the extension you downloaded in step 3.
7. Click on the “Download Source” option
8. Extract the Zip file and go to this (chrome://extensions/)
9. Toggle on Developers mode and upload your unzipped file as shown in this screenshot.
I hope this article has helped you overcome the error “this extension violates chrome policy”, the reasons it occurs, how to fix and so much related knowledge. The post also covers how “How to fix Google Chrome Extension download interrupted” in a step-by-step guideline with a pictorial guide.
In case of any questions or clarifications feel free to reach out on our contact page.